ATC donates $5,000 to United Way COVID-19 Urgent Needs Fund
American Transmission Co. supports United Way and their fight to strengthen the community we serve. The COVID-19 pandemic is putting additional strain on vital community resources. To help care for some of the most vulnerable in our community during this time, ATC donated $5,000 to United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County’s COVID-19 Urgent Needs Fund.
Here are some of the ways the United Way fund is helping organizations during this difficult time:
- Providing personal protection equipment for local medical clinics to allow them to make home visits to medically vulnerable individuals.
- Funding to allow shelters to stay open 24/7, rather than requiring daytime exits.
- Laptops for housing support programs so they can continue their work remotely.
- Meals and emergency food for shelters that can no longer safely accept outside volunteer support.
- Diapers and no-touch thermometers for child care centers that remain open.
- Cleaning supplies and sanitizer for clinics and shelters.
ATC CEO and President Mike Rowe said, “We want to do what we can to support our community members and help them get through this pandemic safely. Giving to United Way helps make sure that resources efficiently get where they are most needed. I’m grateful that we can provide some additional relief.”
If you’d like to make a donation to help meet the increased needs of United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County partners during this time, click here to give to United Way’s COVID19 Urgent Needs Fund.