Annual Report highlights how we’re powering innovation
American Transmission Co. employees are hard at work operating and maintaining the complex electric transmission grid every day. Our more than 9,890 miles of high-voltage transmission lines and 568 substations provide communities with access to local and regional energy sources.
Our Annual Report, published each spring, is available for viewing on our website.
The 2018 report highlights our accomplishments in power delivery, environmental stewardship, community involvement and financial performance.
In his introductory letter, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board Mike Rowe notes the hallmarks of the ATC organization: operational excellence, industry-leading construction management and innovation.
Key achievements in 2018 include:
- Completing more than 180 capital projects
- Placing the 180-mile, 345,000-volt Badger Coulee line in service
- Completing the 45-mile, North Appleton-Morgan Project with the lowest construction cost per mile for a 345-kV line in our company’s history
- Ranking among the best in the industry for low number of bulk power and forced outages
- Working with Alaska utilities to create a Transco
- Embracing new technology with first-to-industry pipe-bursting underground transmission line replacement method and a storage as transmission asset project proposal
Want to learn more about how we’re powering innovation? Read the full report.