Why we do it better
We’re poised for future growth
ATC’s stand-alone, transmission-only business model is perfectly suited for supporting transmission expansion, and we have a proven record of delivering the capital, return on investment and financial stability to make projects happen.
- History of steady and strong earnings growth
- Solid balance sheet and an ability to generate consistently strong cash flows year after year, increasing owner value
- FERC-regulated with a formula-driven rate structure, operating in a constructive regulatory environment
- High-quality, investment-grade debt ratings from Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s ensuring continued access to financially viable lending options
Diversity, strength in ownership
Our owners include investor-owned utilities, municipalities, municipal electric companies and cooperatives.
- Strength in ownership numbers eases burden of compliance for all
- Projects are developed to solve multiple system issues for a range of customers and owners, thereby reducing costs and increasing efficiency
Learn more about ATC projects and transmission development efforts underway through Duke-American Transmission Co., our joint venture with Duke Energy, and ATC Development Co., the development branch formed by certain owners of ATC.